WaterMate : Control system

WaterMate : Control system »
Connecting to wifi - from Feb 2023

Chris
ADMIN
02 Feb, 09:52
To configure a control box to connect to your home wifi network

Firmware before February 2023
Connect to harvst-wifi as before ( see our YouTube channel )

Firmware from February 2023
1. Turn the control box on ( in offline or online mode )
2. On your phone or tablet, look for the wifi network which starts HARVST. The next 4 characters are unique to your control box. Connect to this wifi network.
3. You should be automatically redirected to the control unit dashboard. If not, open a web browser and go to 192.168.4.1
4. From the settings page, choose "online mode".
5. Enter your wifi SSID ( network name ) and password, if you have one.
6. Click "Save and reboot". You'll be taken to a "Wifi details saved" page.

The control box will restart, and begin a fast beeping while it tries to connect using the wifi details you gave.

OK : If it connects OK, you'll get a "celebration" beep.
FAIL : If it can't connect, you'll get two low beeps. Go to the settings page and check the details are correct ( you won't be able to see the saved password, for security reasons ). The saved SSID will be shown to the left of the input field, not in the input field itself.

To reset wifi details
Perform a factory reset ( hold the "wake" button down until you get 4 low beeps; about 15 seconds ) or click the "reset wifi" button on the settings page.

Chris
ADMIN
18 Apr, 21:02
Update, from version 2023041800 ( mid April 2023 ):

You have a separate button on the dashboard for "Wifi setup", rather than the wifi details being on the same screen as the other settings.

You will get a range of available wifi networks, as detected by the device itself, with a signal strength for each. This will make it easier to configure.

Mark
21 Apr, 18:44
I have been trying without success to set up my Control Box. I have tried both On-Line and Offline mode. The Harvst network comes up on my Iphone 14 settings page but the device dashboard does not appear. Attempts to load https://192.168.4.1 only get the message that this is not available. I have charged up the Control Box in case the solar panel was not giving sufficient charge, but this has not helped. Can you help me please? My Control Box number is1051 S 48ABB39EF0C8 UK CA, purchased in February this year.
Best regards,
Mark Saville.

Captain John
21 Apr, 23:40
Hi Mark

I am having the same problem, but only trying off line . A session with will go not fix it trying again with a tech friend in the morning
John

Mark
23 Apr, 12:27
Good luck. Let me know if you fix it.
Mark.

Chris
ADMIN
23 Apr, 22:09
Hi all. If you can connect your phone to the control box WiFi, then you should be able to get to the dashboard via a browser at the given IP address, if the box is in offline mode. Can you upload a screen shot of what you get when you try?

Mark - your control unit has the older firmware which requires you to follow the "wifimanager" steps. The best place to get started is our interactive process here: link

Once it's online, it will update firmware.

Mark
24 Apr, 16:42
How do I know when it has updated firmware?
Mark.

Register for a free account and join the Harvst community.